Welcome to SRAE PAS
Sexual Risk Avoidance Education (SRAE) programs seek to prevent negative outcomes that could have lasting effects on a young person’s health, future career prospects, and economic stability.
The Performance Analysis Study (PAS) collects program data from SRAE grantees on performance measures. These measures allow for an assessment of whether grant objectives are being met. This site provides a platform for SRAE grantees to access tools and training resources related to the study.
Technical Assistance Event Schedule
|Grantees funded in 2020 or earlier||Office Hours: Submitting Data to the SRAE Performance Measures Portal (Summer 2021)||July 29, 2021 (3:30 – 4:30 p.m. ET)||
From the 02-02-2021 webinar:
File upload for participant-level data in the Portal will become active on February 22, 2021.
From the 02-01-2021 e-mail:
SRAE Performance Measures Portal users affiliated with grantees funded in 2019 or earlier who have Portal accounts created during the previous data submission period can log in by using their existing username and password. To access the Portal:
- Open a browser window in Google Chrome or Internet Explorer and go to the SRAE Performance Analysis Study website, www.sraepas.com.
- Click the Portal Login button in the top-right section of the page. The username is the email address used to sign up for the Portal. If a user forgets their password, they can click on the Forgot Password button on the login page and follow the steps to create a new password.
Existing grantee users can create additional accounts for others who plan to submit data either at their organization or for partners, such as evaluators and subrecipient program providers. Additional grantee staff affiliated with grants funded in 2019 or earlier who want access to the Portal should:
- Request access from the grantee project director (or the main grant contact), who can enter the requester’s name and contact information into the Portal to provide access; or
- Contact their Federal Project Officer (FPO) to request permission to access the Portal if their grantee project director is out of the office or is no longer with the organization. FPOs may request that other grantee staff verify that the requestor has permission to access the Portal.
(Grantees funded in 2020 will access the Portal beginning in July 2021 and will receive Portal login information then.)
From the 11-19-2020 webinar:
- Grantees awarded funding in 2020 will be expected to start collecting performance measures survey data on January 1, 2021, after the 90 day start-up period. Any grantees who anticipate delays and need to request approval for a delay in the data collection start date should contact their FPO to share 1) the reasons for delay, 2) a timeline for activities necessary to begin data collection, and 3) an anticipated start date.
- FYSB requires that grantees funded in 2020 contact a local IRB to obtain a determination letter about whether SRAE performance measures data collection is exempt from IRB review or if performance measures data collection requires IRB review and approval.
- Grantees awarded funding in 2020 will submit all performance measures for the first time in Summer 2021.
From the 07-22-2020 webinar:
Grantees who anticipate the need to delay participant entry and exit survey data collection after the September 1, 2020 start date should provide the following to their FPO:
- The reason(s) data collection cannot start September 1
- A timeline that includes all activities that are necessary to gain all approvals to start data collection with expected due dates. The grantee is expected to do their research and gather information that is needed to complete a detailed timeline.
- An estimated date for when the grantee is expecting to start data collection that aligns with the timeline
From the 07-21-2020 e-mail:
Now that the participant entry and exit surveys are released, grantees can request waivers for specific items that are of concern. Please contact your Federal Project Officer (FPO) if you need to discuss a waiver and to request the waiver form.
From the 01-23-2020 webinar:
FYSB recommends that grantees funded in 2019 or earlier contact a local IRB to obtain a determination letter about whether SRAE performance measures data collection is exempt from IRB review or if performance measures data collection requires IRB review and approval.
Performance Measures Data Submission Summary
|Measures||Frequency of submission||Period covered|
|Next submission window|
|Structure, cost, and support for program implementation||Annually||Federal grant year: October 2020–September 2021||July/August 2021|
|Attendance, reach, and dosage||Biannually||Youth ending programming January–June 2021||July/August 2021|
|Participant characteristics, behaviors, perceptions of program effects, and program experiences|
(entry and exit survey data)
This table presents the most current information, regardless of what other documents on the website may say.